OPPORTUNITIES TO INVEST IN THE ELECTRONICS SECTOR
- Government Decree 51/1999/ND-CP dated July 8, 1999, features detailed regulations on implementing the Law on Domestic Investment Promotion (amended) No. 03/1988/QH10. Accordingly, investment projects are eligible to enjoy incentives on the reduction or exemption of land use fee, land rent and land use tax; on tariff and corporate tax exemption; on the exemption of personal income tax and tariff on imported equipment and machinery used as fixed assets; on preferential tariff for manufacturers of export goods; on tax on remitting income abroad; and on providing loans from the Development Assistance Fund.
- Government Decree 43/1999/ND-CP dated June 29, 1999, on the State credits for investment development.
- Ministry of Planning and Investment�s Decision 214/1999/QD-BKH dated April 26, 1999, on the issuance of a list of types of specialized machines, equipment and means of transport that have already been manufactured in Vietnam. The list is used as a basis to distinguish them from specialized machines, equipment and means of transport imported by investors for use as fixed assets that are lifted from value added tax in accordance with regulations at Provision 4, Article 4 of the Law on Value Added Tax and at Item 4, Article 4 of Government Decree 208/1998/ND-CP that regulates the implementation of the Law on Value Added Tax.
- Prime Minister�s Decision 37/2000-QD-TTg dated March 24, 2000, on policy to support the development of key industrial products.
- Ministry of Industry�s Circular 03/2000-TT-BCN dated May 31, 2000, on guiding the implementation of Prime Minister�s Decision 37/2000-QD-TTg dated March 24, 2000.
- Prime Minister�s Decision 58/2001-QD-TTg dated April 24, 2001, on interest rate support.
- Ministry of Finance�s Circular 51/2001/TT-BTC dated June 28, 2001, on guiding the implementation of Prime Minister�s Decision 58/2001-QD-TTg dated April 24, 2001.
- Politburo�s Instruction 58 CT/TW dated October 17, 2000, on promoting the application and development of information technology to serve the country�s modernization and industrialization in the 2001-2005 period.
- Prime Minister�s Decision 81/2001-QD-TTg dated May 24, 2001, on approving the Action Plan to implement Politburo�s Instruction 58 CT/TW dated October 17, 2000.
- Prime Minister�s Decision 11/2001/QD-TTg dated February 20, 2001, to add computers in the list of key industrial products supported by the State.
- HCM City People�s Committee�s Instruction 04/2000/CT-UB-KT dated February 23, 2000, on the city�s program to help modernize businesses to improve competitiveness and promote exports in the 2000-2003 period.
- HCM City People�s Committee�s 15/2000/QD-UB dated April 17, 2000, to promulgate regulations on lending to projects under the city�s program to stimulate demand through investment.