On May 28, Secretary of HCMC Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan met with 120 intellectuals. The meeting aimed to affirm the role and important contributions of intellectuals to the city’s development as well as to listen to their proposals for the city’s socio-economic development in the coming time.
These intellectuals are members of Vietnam Unions of Science and Technology Associations-HCMC & HCMC’s Science Council who are working at research centers, universities, hospitals; scientists, Vietnamese overseas, technical experts whose contributions are crucial for the city’s scientific and technological development, or entrepreneurs, lecturers and typical physicians.
At the meeting, Mr. Nhan has raised important issues that need advises from intellectuals including:
- Human resource: it is necessary to build a clean and strong apparatus, considering public satisfaction as a measure to evaluate capability and morality of public servants and party’s members, promoting ability and creativity of intellectuals.
- Land: it is necessary to review the planning on land use, traffic land fund, green landscape in the next 30 years; carrying out agricultural restructuring scheme toward higher economic value.
- Promoting the development of FDI, private and State owned enterprises
- Cooperation for mutual development: promoting the role of 9 centers: seed production center, scientific and technological research center, technological product commercialization & industrial product design center, center for human resource and startup development, financial center, etc.
- A bank of the nation and Asia, a regional high standard health center, etc. …
- HCMC needs to become a smart and worth living city
- Completing development mechanisms of the city